At Lewis Gallery, we love teaching foundation art skills and life drawing is a brilliant way to hone your ability to observe and create. The human body is a fascinating subject to explore line, tone, shade and shadow.
Lewis Gallery director Susie Nawaitodre will be present to facilitate the session but it is untutored. Beginners through to accomplished artists are welcomed to participate in this most engaging and beautiful exploration of art making.
WHEN: 6:00pm - 7:30pm every Monday Evening (except public holidays)
COST: $20 per class
WHERE: Upstairs studio at Lewis Gallery - 9/17 Liuzzi Street, Pialba QLD, Australia. (We are located in Business Central in the stand alone unit on your right as you enter the driveway)
In line with our commitment to preventing the spread of COVID-19, classes will be limited to 7 students per session and the studio will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before and after each class. We kindly ask that you please help us out in the following ways:
- stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- book and pay for your class session/s online.
- wash your hands thoroughly upon entering the studio, when using the toilet, before and after eating, and before you leave class (hand sanitizer will also be provided).
- provide your full name and contact details before class.
- stay in your own designated work area in the studio.
- bring your own kit of supplies to each class session (a suggested materials list is provided below).
- bring your own water bottle and snacks to each class session.
You may wish to consider bring a selection of these resources with you to the class:
- 1 x A3 sized visual diary (cartridge paper)
- 1 x A3 canvas pad
- Butchers Paper - large sheets
- a set of graphite drawing pencils (minimum of 2 x 2B pencils)
- a selection of different sized paintbrushes (minimum of 1 small, 1 medium, 1 large)
- acrylic paints (minimum expectation will be 1 black, 1 white, 1 red, 1 blue, 1 yellow)
- pack of willow charcoal
- kneadable eraser